The Coast 50 ALUMINIUM Catamaran is designed for safe , long distance cruising and long term live aboard comfort and short handed crewing and beachability.
From the pen of Phillipe Renaudeau and the construction skills of MINT YACHTS an attractive practical and curvacious yacht has been created that is stronger than plastic/grp , lighter than steel and is 100% recyclable .
In addition to 4 crash boxes and 4 water tight bulk heads, there are built in emergency ladders deployable from the water at the mid point of each hull , with high toe rail and powder coated extra high guard rails .
Lifelines are on the coach roof and solid bimini which also acts as as a catchment area for rainwater harvesting directly via filtration to the fresh water tanks.
Liferafts may be stowed in the purpose built easy access stern lockers provided or in the unique forward bow lockers with access from either the deck or water directly. These lockers also make useful rubbish storage compartments essential for environmentally friendly long distance sailing or even a long weekend. Nereus Boat gas alarms are installed in the galley as well as each hull .
Two 50hp Beta Marine direct drive diesel engines with 24 v alternators with keel cooling to reduce the number of holes in the hull and avoid engine sea water intake blockages such as plastic bags or failing to open the sea water intakes. By taking advantage of aluminiums ability to transfer heat to the water directly means that these engines are always ready to go.
9kvh variable speed Paguro genset plus wind and aqua generators with 8 solar panels and 500 amp @ 24 volt Rolls batteries (Equivalent to 1000 amps @ 12v)
Smart Victron power management.
- Twin 30Kg SPADE anchors forward plus large Fortress kedge anchor stored astern.
- Carbon Furler Boom main sail, self tacking jib, Genoa, Storm Jib , and furling Butterfly downwind sail. which is two lightweight genoa sails sewn together with a torsion luff rope..
- Hydraulic swing keels and rudders which swing up upon impact with object in the water and automatically reset with in built fuse .
- Flexofold 3 blade propellers with rope stripper.
- Full Raymarine navigation equipment including radar and forward looking sonar. Ultra sound anti foul prevention system.
- Offshore communications, Icom SSB, Iridium Go . Autopilot with back up fully installed. Wifi enhanced aerial.
- A retractable 40inch flat screen TV in bespoke cabinet with riser. Fusion sound system for internal and external use.
- Ventilation throughout aided by Rotowind directional hatches ,built under licence by Mint Yachts.
- Air Con systems for each sleeping cabin plus fans throughout.
- A main fridge of 100 ltrs and a freezer of 90ltrs is provided. In addition the galley benefits from a split day fridge of 98 ltrs
- Gas cooker with grill, and double s/s sink units with water purifier and waste bin underneath.
- A 6kg washing machine is provided in the owners wet area together with Sanimarin electric toilet and soft close lid.
- A secondary lavac toilet is available in the port side wet area where the 60ltr per hour water maker is installed.
- Full size chart table with full instrumentation and tablet interface.
- Full length retractable parrot style bathing ladders with teak steps making it easy for bare feet or fins.
- A retractable in built passerelle support for along side berthing.
- Captive fairleads at the bow, when shut, ensure that anchor or sea anchor bridles are securely retained.
- Deck drainage to front and rear ensure staining does not occur down the sides of the boat.
- Integrated handrails in the coach roof.
- The cockpit deck is at the same level as the saloon and becomes a large living area when the canvas enclosures are used against weather or alternatively extended to the portique for extra sun shade.
- Retractable bowsprit for butterfly rig
- Two anchor bridle positions
- Built-in fender baskets for extra light weight fenders
- The price for the boat starts from 900k (excluding sails and electronics), and goes up to 2M depending on how many gold taps you require!
Come and tell us your requirements or budget and we will try to accommodate you.